Re: [SLE] Printing under Netscape
  • From: rjwohlfar@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 20:05:29 -0500 (EST)
On 8 Aug, David C. Johanson wrote:
> Robert -
>
> Thanks for the suggestions. When I try "lpr -P epson, WINEPS" sans
> quotes of course, i get the error dialog Netscape subprocess diagnostics
> (stdout.stderr)'"lpr: epson; unknown printer" To be sure all was normal
> I tried printing under WP9 using the selection epson, WINEPS and all
> printed as advertised, so somehow I'm not apparently naming the printer
> appropriately.

Try this command, with the quotes:
lpr -P "epson, WINEPS"

I think it had trouble with the space after the comma. The shell
assumes that spaces start a new argument. So lpr thought "epson," was
the printer. The quotes force the shell to leave the space in the
printer name.

Enjoy your vacation!

--
Robert Wohlfarth
rjwohlfar@xxxxxxxxxxx

"Is not life more important than food, and the body more
important than clothes?" -- Matthew 6:25b