Re: [SLE] IBM ViaVoice for Linux
On Wed, Aug 08, 2001 at 02:33:54PM -0400 or thereabouts, geno wrote:
> Has anyone tried running this (or any other voice recognition software) on
> Suse Linux? Which Suse version? What results?

Hi Geno,
I have been using VR for several years now. I have the VV for Linux and
installed it on version 7.2 now. It works quite well. I have even
ported over specialized vocabularies from windows to Linux. (medical).
I use it all the time. I get 99% accuracy, but I have been at it for
quite some time. I use it to save me from RSI, carpal tunnel, etc.

Feel free to write if you have any questions. There is a user group for
the IBM viavoice too, and they can help you also. It is not difficult
to get going with it. When IMB came out with it, I left winders
completely.. You can see my review at www.out-loud.com, from another
long time user, Susan Fulton, only she uses it in winders... just look
for the linux section.
--
Best regards,
Gary