Re: [SLE] modprobe
  • From: Mads Martin Jørgensen <mmj@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 11:14:07 -0700
* Ryan Sexton <rsexton@xxxxxxxxxx> [Aug 08. 2001 09:51]:
> After booting my suse... i'm getting this
>

> modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module char-major-145
>

> how do i find out what this module is that the kernel is looking for?
> everything seems to work on my system, everything is smoooooth. I looked,
> probably not long enough, for documentation about this but couldn't find it..
> knowing me i probably overlooked it but if someone could help me i'd very
> much appreciate it..

/usr/src/linux/Documentation/devices.txt

145 char SAM9407-based soundcard
0 = /dev/sam0_mixer
1 = /dev/sam0_sequencer
2 = /dev/sam0_midi00
3 = /dev/sam0_dsp
4 = /dev/sam0_audio
6 = /dev/sam0_sndstat
18 = /dev/sam0_midi01
34 = /dev/sam0_midi02
50 = /dev/sam0_midi03
64 = /dev/sam1_mixer
128 = /dev/sam2_mixer
192 = /dev/sam3_mixer

Device functions match OSS, but offer a number of
addons, which are sam9407 specific. OSS can be
operated simultaneously, taking care of the codec.

--
Mads Martin Jørgensen, http://mmj.dk
"Why make things difficult, when it is possible to make them cryptic and