Re: [SLE] init.d files & mysql init file
Set START_MYSQL in /etc/rc.config to "yes" and then run rcmysql start (from
root). This then states that the root password must be set as follows:

/usr/bin/mysqladmin -u root -p password 'password'. You are prompted for the
current password, which is <NULL> initially.

However, 'mysqladmin' is not loaded as part of the package mysql and you need
to add the package 'mysqlclient'.

Changes are part of the Filesystem Hierarchy Standard (FHS).