RE: [SLE] Re: MS/TCP (was Fwd: Re: [SLE] critisism toward SuSE 7.2)
  • From: "Gilger.John" <JGilger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 09:30:36 -0700
Re: Better read the following about MS and TCP/IP. It's scary

Guy Van Sanden told us:

Yes it is scary, but so is just about anything that M$ does...

We have to keep fighting them! Their latest statements on Linux
and GPL clearly demonstrate that they are loosing, despite of
what they claim!

To which I'll add:

The "rumor" discussed in this article shows that M$ is indeed a
predatory monopoly and should be broken up by the government.

A problem I haven't found a satisfactory answer for is that the company
I work for is locked into using M$ for everything. The reason given is
that all of our customers require M$ when they migrate their databases
from AS400. There are a few of us in the vocal minority that preach
Unix/Linux every chance we get ;) and the latest virus infestations have
given us plenty of opportunities to point out to management that they
are Windows-specific.

Perhaps a few letters-to-the-editor in our local papers reminding people
that worms and viri(?) ONLY affect Windows might plant the idea in
peoples minds that there is a better computer solution available.

John