Re: [SLE] Please help!
The problem was fix by following steps ( corresponding back an forth with
Anders Johansson)

1) I checked "HTTPD_SEC_MOD_PHP=" in /etc/rc.config/apache.rc.config to make
sure this was set to yes.

2) Next checked to see if mod_php was really installed on the machine
used rpm -qa | grep php and got the following output:

php-4.0.2-1
mod_php4-core-4.0.4pl1-90
mod_php4-4.0.4pl1-90
phplib-7.2c-45
phpdoc-4.0.3-38

Then I was ask to do a rpm -ql php to see if the results. I got --

/usr/lib/apache/libphp4.so
/usr/local/lib/php.ini

With the below statement from Anders
"This seems to explain it. libphp4.so is also in the package
mod_php4-4.0.4pl1-90.
I think the solution is to fire up yast, uninstall php-4.0.2-1, and
reinstall mod_php4-4.0.4pl1-90 from the cd. After that, and restarting
apache, I suspect everything will work"

3) I used yast to uninstall php-4.02 and mod_php4 and the reinstall mod_php4.
and needed to add the following change in httpd.conf file:
LoadModule php4_module /usr/lib/apache/libphp4.so and
AddModule mod_php4.c

I believe I included everything, I did to try to track the problem down. I
hope this is of help.
Thanks Again.
Bob

On Tuesday 07 August 2001 18:50, Anders Johansson wrote:
> It is customary to post a small description of the fix to the list, for the
> benefit of those who find themselves in the same situation and search the
> archives for a solution.
>
> Anders
>
> On Wednesday 08 August 2001 03:49, Robert Barish wrote:
> > It is fixed. Thanks for all the help and especially thanks to Andy
> > Calloway for the help and finding the fix.
> > Bob
> >
> > On Tuesday 07 August 2001 17:02, Robert Barish wrote:
> > > Hello everyone.
> > > Let me get to the point directly. I had to reinstalled a clean version
> > > of 7.2 and only one thing left to do and is is kicking my perverbial
> > > back side
> > >
> > > :-)
> > >
> > > I use php scripting for my little web site. When i move the save files
> > > over to the htdoc directory and tried to view my index.php page it
> > > tries to download it. You can go to www.bmtsolutions.com and see what
> > > I mean. I have done everything under the sun to try to fix this and am
> > > missing something really lame. I know this is not exactly not a suse
> > > issue directly but I am hoping someone can help. It looks like i might
> > > need hand leading here. ;>)
> > > Thanks for you valuable time.
> > >
> > > Bob

< Previous Next >