Installation Issues
  • From: Ron Joffe <rjoffe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 20:18:52 -0400
OK,

First a little background for myself. I have been a long time unix guy, I have set up redhat many times, but this is my first foray into Suse, so here is the issue.

I am trying to install Suse 7.2 via the ftp install.

Everything seems to work just fine and dandy, until I reboot the system. Before that point the install goes great, at the end of the install the system is 100% usable.

But, when I shutdown and reboot, LILO can't find the root partition. It keeps asking for me to add the root= option. But all of the options I have tried have been to no avail.

The system by default seems to install with the following drive configuration:

/dev/sda1 /boot
/dev/sda2 swap
/dev/sda3 /

Any help would be great.