Re: [SLE] PHP (/usr/bin/php)
  • From: Vitaly Shishakov <shift@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 00:15:34 +0400

Sorry for disinformation,
the problem i described arised on my SuSE 7.1 box at my lab.
at home, where i installed 7.2 not long ago it is OK -- shell php interpeter is present.

for 7.1 there is no mod_php4-core package. :-(

Thanks for advise. going to compile it for myself right now.

PS[OT]: well, actually as a 'C' guy i prefer java for rapid Web Application Development ---
to my oppinion it has more 'grown-up' infrastructure and wider software vendor support and the same
great Open Source Community feedback. for scripting use Shell Script (bash) or perl is more than enough.

the sad is that the fastest java platform for today is win32. (just run JBuilder in linux and windows on the same computer and feel the difference!

the great advantage of PHP is that i was able to fix one application i've been adminestrating without even knowing the php language ;-)

James Oakley wrote:

< Previous Next >