Re: [SLE] NIC trouble...quickly reaching the last straw with Suse
You may find this useful : http://www.scyld.com/network/ethercard.html. Also,
it seems that this card uses same chipset as the DLink DFE-530TX (VIA Rhine)
so you may find that a search on this card provides more English results.

On Tuesday 07 August 2001 3:10 pm, Ron Sinclair wrote:
> OK. It's a Laneed LS-10/100AL PCI. It's a japanese manufactured card. I
> tried to find as much info as possible online but almost all the sites were
> in japanese. I found one site that showed how it could be used with
> TurboLinux (big distro in Japan)...the site was in japanese but commandline
> instructions were in english (linux commands are universal...thank God!).
> I only got this card to work using TurboLinux and I HATE that distro with a
> passion!
>
> What may help is that on the chipset on the NIC, it says "VIA VT6102"
>
> Ron Sinclair
> http://members.tripod.com/~WIGGLIT
> http://members.fortunecity.com/wigglit
> http://wigglit.com
>
> > You forgot to tell us what nic your trying to get to work. I know that
> > linksys cards are bears sometimes. 97% of the time i get linksys to work
> > wth suse but sometimes its a bear an i have to workw with it for a while

> > get it work.
> > tell us the nic brand please
> >
> > jack
> >
> > At 11:36 PM 8/7/2001 +0900, Ron Sinclair wrote:
> > >The NIC was working for a time and then it stopped for no apparent
>
> reason.
>
> > >I'd not tinkered with it since it was working (if it ain't broke, don't
>
> fix
>
> > >it). Been having alot of Suse problems lately, not just this one. Got
> > >pissed enough to where I wiped it off one of my systems and replaced it
>
> with
>
> > >Slack 7.0. I no longer have NIC problems and am learning how to
>
> administer
>
> > >a bare system. :o)
> > >
> > >The reason I included the history is because I can't stand when a poster
> > >doesn't include enough information for people to help. I'm not one for
> > >trading 20 emails on one problem. Also, working with NICs is much more
> > >elaborate than anything else on a computer system, even in Windows. I
>
> felt
>
> > >the information I provided was pertinent to this situation.

< Previous Next >