Re: [SLE] critisism toward SuSE 7.2
  • From: daniel quinn <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 09:32:09 -0700
my biggest issue with linux
and especially suse
is that there are about 5 or 6 tools for each task
kde has too many mp3 players for my liking
in order to write an html program,
i'm looking at a choice of 10+ text editors
each with their own personal set of bugs

brian's right
linux is maturing - rather fast really
but if it's going to be successful
they should establish some sort of structure
as far as dominance goes.
that way more developers will be able to focus on one program
and develop that into a single powerful tool
we could say, preserve vi and quanta
one for quick command line editing
the other for webdev
but wading through a mess of badly organised
and buggy programs is not what end users want

...or am i wrong?