Re: [SLE] critisism toward SuSE 7.2
  • From: StarTux <matthew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 09:20:46 -0700
Brian D. wrote:
Ok. Gonna save you guys a lot of time flaming this guy. Because
we have all heard it a million times so there is no reason to
get it started.

Bottom line. Linux, at this point in it's life, is growing but
not mature. If it doesn't suit your needs then use what does.
Others will keep working on the product. For some it is mature
enough to be productive for them...others do not find it a place
to be productive...yet. Keep checking back and one day it may
meet all your needs. And I would say at it's current rate of
growth you should check back often and make requests for support
and features that would benefit you and others who have similar
needs.

Brian D.

Yep,

All those problems he listed have been opposite to me. But then I am seasoned with Linux.

If you are coming from a Windows enviroment you are dealing with a different world, a world where a lot of the tools have yet to be made, or fashioned to help with this regard.

You should have seen Linux just two years ago :-).

In two years time it will again be very different.

Ever use Win 3.1? Now that could have its tugh moments...

Matt