Very strange hardware problem
  • From: Tazio Ceri <praisetazio@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 15:52:25 +0200
Hello list!

I have a very strange problem with my motherboard.
It is an AOpen AK7 with my old Athlon 600.

I have just bought this MB because the former MB died
by a problem in a memory slot. Everything worked fine
before it.

The problem is that my MB does not always start. It is
stable, I have not had any crash. But when I turn off
the PC I can hardly bring it back on.The leds are on, but
no beep and no images are in my screen!
I can always reset without no prob, so the BIOS is not faulty.
I have checked the power, but it is ok as disks start
spinning up. There is no overheating problem, as it would
crash, not only refuse to start.BTW Bios says the temperature
is about 40°C which is pretty fresh.
I have controlled the other boards, and they are on ok.
I am thinking about the CPU, but it would crash if there is a
problem there right?
Any other idea is welcomed!

Tazio

< Previous Next >