Re: [SLE] Funny kernel thing
  • From: Tazio Ceri <praisetazio@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 10:49:39 +0200
Robert Stia wrote:

Hi all,

Running Suse 7.1. Originally installed kernel 2.4.o with distro. Had
everything
(mostly) working including my US Robotics PCI modem. It installed at
ttyS2.

Upgraded to kernel 2.4.4 and it changed the device for the modem to
ttyS4. ???
Upgraded again to 2.4.7 and have the same thing.

Can't get pppd working because there is no option to change from ttyS2
to ttyS4
on the graphical setup. Don't know what script of where to make the
change manually.
Yast will not change it.

Anybody else have this happen? and any ideas on how to fix it??

Bob S.

Yast (1) should do that. Try to configure wvdial once again,
it should work.

But if I am not wrong, you should have a link under /dev/modem
which points to the correct ttySx for your modem.
Try to check this too.

Hope it helps.

Tazio