Re: [SLE] Can;t telnet to other machines on my homenet
  • From: Alexandr Malusek <Alexandr.Malusek@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 06 Aug 2001 00:33:41 +0200
kbb0927@xxxxxx writes:

> I have three machines on my home net running the same copy of SuSE
> 7.2 personal with different IP addresses in the 192.168.x.x range.
> Each can ping the other, but none will allow the other to telnet
> into it, each time I get connection refused.

The default in SuSE 7.2 /etc/rc.config is:

# start the inet daemon in multi-user? ("yes" or "no")
# this is needed, if you have to telnet/rlogin to your own machine.
# It is also needed for the man page formatter in SuSE Help system.
#
START_INETD="no"

Change it to yes and run /sbin/SuSEconfig or do both from YaST2.

> I also cannot get the machines to see the one that is set to be the
> gateway even though /etc/route.conf on each machine has the one
> gateway set as default.

What do you mean by "see" here?

--
Alexandr.Malusek@xxxxxxxxxx