Can;t telnet to other machines on my homenet
  • From: kbb0927@xxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2001 17:39:11 -0400
Hello All,

I have three machines on my home net running the same copy of SuSE 7.2 personal with different
IP addresses in the 192.168.x.x range. Each can ping the other, but none will allow the other to
telnet into it, each time I get connection refused. Each machine has each other in /etc/hosts and
/etc/hosts.allow. What am I doing wrong? I also cannot get the machines to see the one that is
set to be the gateway even though /etc/route.conf on each machine has the one gateway set as
default. Could this have something to do with the default installation setting up IPv6?

Any help appreciated.

Regards,

Keith B.