Re: SuSE 7.2 and WP8
  • From: Joseph Zieniewicz <jozien@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2001 00:49:20 -0400

"M.B. Schiekel" wrote:

> Joe Zien <jozien@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Wed, 01 Aug 2001 01:30:49 -0400:
>
> Hello Joe,
> concerning your SuSE 7.1 and WP8 problems I would try the following:
>
> 1) as root:
> cd /usr/i486-linux-libc5/lib
> rm libXpm.so
> rm libXpm.so.4
> ln -s libXpm_wx.so libXpm.so.4
> ln -s libXpm.so.4 libXpm.so
>
> 2) starting xwp: the point is, that for security reasons the actual
> directory is not in $PATH,
> so, if you start X (or KDE, or ...) as user jozien@jozien, you are in
> the directory /home/jozien:
> now you can start xwp from a terminal under X by:
> ../../opt/wp8/wpbin/xwp
>
> or by:
> cd /opt/wp8/wpbin
> ./xwp
>
> 3) please let me know, if this is helpful for you
>
> kind regards - bernhard
>
> --
> M.B. Schiekel: http://home.t-online.de/home/mb.schiekel/

Hello everybody,

Thanks to all for your suggestions.

I did what Bernard suggested above and it still doesn't work.

I deleted shlibs5 that I got from SuSE 6.3 and installed shlibs5
from SuSE 7.1 and now I get this error when I try to start xwp:

Color Map Problem

Corel WordPerfect supports 1, 2, 4, 8, 16 &24 plane displays.

You have a 15 plane display.
As a result of this unsupported display, WP may display colors
incorrectly or abort on some features.

Continue?

If I click yes , get segmentation fault.

/opt/wp8/wpbin/xwpsahlp runs fine.

Now WP8 starts up so I'm making progress.

I tried :
startx --bpp 16 but that didn't work.

jozien