Rehashing an annoying TrueType problem.
  • From: Timothy R.Butler <tbutler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 19:36:05 -0500
Hi everyone,
I'm still trying to figure out a very mysterous problem. After removing,
and then adding back, the truetype font directory to my XF86Config, no normal
X apps can see my tt fonts. The only apps that see my fonts are those using
XFT/Render (i.e. QT/KDE apps). This is fine for me most of the time, but it's
frustrating as it makes it difficult to use the GIMP.

Any ideas? I've been working on this for some time, and David McGlone has
made some suggestions too, but I haven't had any success so far. :-(

Thanks,
Tim
Timothy R. Butler Universal Networks
tbutler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ICQ #12495932 AIM: Uninettm