Re: NT script problem
  • From: "S.Toms" <smotrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 17:13:05 -0700 (PDT)
On Thu, 2 Aug 2001, Hung Hua wrote:

hh> Hi there,
hh>
hh> I am running samba as a file server authenticating with my NT
hh> domain. I have a logon script that runs on my NT PDC and NT BDC.
hh> The logon script runs when I log on to an NT Workstation but it
hh> will not run when I logon to a Windows 98 box. But if I stop the
hh> samba daemon then the logon script would runs when on Windows 98.
hh>
hh> Does anyone know how to fix this?
hh>

I'm assuming the logon script resides on the samba server somewhere,
preferably in the netlogon directory you created. I'm using 'WinMe' on one
system with a logon script that updates the clock, so the setup should be
about the same for you.
You should have something along the following in your smb.conf file

[global]
logon script = timeserv.bat

[netlogon]
comment = Domain logon service
path = /home/netlogon
browseable = No
public = No
writeable = No

and your logon script must be located in the 'path' location, so mine
above would be in the following location:

/home/netlogon/timeserv.bat

Hopefully this get's you what you need, let me know if it doesn't.

hh>

--
S.Toms - smotrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx - www.mindspring.com/~smotrs
SuSE Linux v7.0+ - Kernel 2.2.18

"Nondeterminism means never having to say you are wrong."