Re: [SLE] php/apache question
> I have written some PHP code and am trying to execute it on my SuSE server
> but I get this message:
>
> Method Not Allowed
> The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL /do_showfielddef.php3
>

> Does anyone know what I have to configure to allow the POST method?
>
> Seth R. Payne

The problem is that your server is not configured to run .php3 files. Make
sure that you have the following lines in http.conf:

AddType application/x-httpd-php3 .php3

This is found after:

# AddType allows you to tweak mime.types without actually editing it, or to
# make certain files to be certain types.

The first line declares the valid extensions for any PHP scripts. The
extension ".php3" is the typical extension (.php for version 4), although you
can change this to anything you want. The second line declares the extension
that will allow you to view the PHP code from within a Web browser.

  • No further messages