Re: [SLE] Wine question?
  • From: Timothy R.Butler <tbutler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 16:33:54 -0500
Curtis,
> I got Half-Life to install but it only runs in 640x480 and the sound is
> choppy. I will attempt to tweak it and see if I can get it to preform
> better. I would really like it to use the nVidia drivers and have direct
> access to the sound card. Well, its a start.

Did you try Wine or WineX? Since WineX is partially released under the
Alladin Public License, not all of their game-optimized enhancements are
included in WineHQ's Wine (My understanding is, if they get 20,000 paying
customers [to their "voting service"] they will release the code back to
WineHQ).

-Tim

Timothy R. Butler Universal Networks
tbutler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ICQ #12495932 AIM: Uninettm