Re: [SLE] Graphical boot vs screensavers vs energy savers
  • From: Timothy R.Butler <tbutler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 09:53:28 -0500
Hi Paul,
I haven't seen this, although I have only had the graphical boot since
yesterday evening, and at that I have ReiserFS so I don't have to do a fsck
all the time.

> Has anyone seen this before? Should I disable graphical boot, or screen
> saver, or standby? Or is this just a coincidence? Or is it a bug? If it is
> a bug, should I report it to SuSE or to KDE or both?
> Thanks!

If it's doing this before getting to the point where you login, KDE would
not have any effect on this. It's most likely a bug with either SuSE's
graphical boot screen or something in the Linux kernel, AFAIK. It would be
interesting to see if Caldera's graphical boot screen does the same thing,
alas, I haven't had Caldera installed for quite some time now... :-(

Best,
Tim

Timothy R. Butler Universal Networks
tbutler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ICQ #12495932 AIM: Uninettm