Graphical boot vs screensavers vs energy savers
Hi,
I've noticed a pecularity in my graphical boot on SuSE Linux 7.2 (x386). I
have set up KDE 2 screensaver to 15 minutes (blank screen) and my KDE 2
energy saver standby to 30 minutes.
When I reboot after a power failure, the boot process does an fsck on my
large hard disk partition /dev/hdb7 (21.3 GB). This takes some time. At some
point during the graphical boot, the screen blanks and stays blank. I've
checked /var/log/messages and it looks like the boot continues and succeeds,
but I can't get the screen to come to life. The only way to recover is to
boot from the rescue system, run e2fsck on /dev/hdb7 and then reboot. The
system then comes up normally.
Has anyone seen this before? Should I disable graphical boot, or screen
saver, or standby? Or is this just a coincidence? Or is it a bug? If it is a
bug, should I report it to SuSE or to KDE or both?
Thanks!

< Previous Next >