Re: [SLE] Printing tiff files?
  • From: Alexandr Malusek <Alexandr.Malusek@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 02 Aug 2001 08:49:12 +0200
"Steven T. Hatton" <hattons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> > Printing:
> > convert -page A4+0+0 image.tiff - | lpr

Later, I realized the PS format was not specified for the output file
here. I guess "convert -page A4+0+0 image.tiff PS2:- | lpr" is OK but
I haven't tested it.

> When I already have my document in a postscript file I typically use
> psbook and psnup, but I don't think these will do any good in this
> situation.

Try something like:

FILES="f1.tiff f2.tiff f3.tiff" # or more files
convert -page A4+0+0 $FILES PS2:book.ps
psnup -2 book.ps book_2.ps

Also note that the PS2 format (Adobe Level II PostScript)
significantly reduces the resulting file size.

--
Alexandr.Malusek@xxxxxxxxxx