7.2 Install locks up during hardware detection
  • From: "Argentium G. Tiger" <agtiger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 18:40:37 -0500
I've got a SuSE 7.2 install starting from the boot floppy disk. The 7.2
files will be installed via FTP.

The boot procedure halts on this first diskette at this point:

Starting Hardware Detection...
> usb.3: read info

After that, it just hangs.

The hardware is an iWill DBS-100 dual Pentium III 450 MHz machine, with
one 256 Meg SDRam DIMM, an ISA Intel network card, two PCI Intel EtherExpress
Pro 10/100 network cards, an ISA Soundblaster AWE32 with WaveBlaster
daughter card, and a Diamond Stealth PCI video card.

In the bios, I've disabled the Bios Keyboard, COM1:, COM2:, and LPT1:
to free up some interrupts.

I didn't see anything in the bios to specify USB services in general.

Any ideas anyone?

Argentium

< Previous Next >