Re: [SLE] Wine question?
  • From: Timothy R.Butler <tbutler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 16:31:21 -0500
On Wednesday 01 August 2001 12:30 pm, you wrote:
> I have reconfigure wine with a fake windows dir. It has all the essential
> files in it, although the System32 folder is empty (but the System folder
> seems to have the essential dll's, etc.. in it). I am wondering if I could
> do something like "wine /tmp/dx8.0a/setup" (or whatever) to load the
> directx into the fake windows dir and then do the same for games?

I do not believe normal WINE will work with DirectX, but I hear WineX does.
Take a look at http://www.transgaming.com . Apparently what you can do is
download a patch which you apply to the WINE source, and that should provide
you with the needed capabilities. I'd be interested in knowing how it goes -
I wouldn't mind getting my Windows-based copy of SimCity 3k going in Linux...

-Tim

Timothy R. Butler Universal Networks
tbutler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ICQ #12495932 AIM: Uninettm
Free/Open Source Web Tools: http://www.uninetsolutions.com