Re: [SLE] SuSE 7.2 and Opera
On Wednesday 01 August 2001 14:51, Brian Galbraith wrote:
> Hi Folks
> Just installed 7.2 yesterday....so I am still trying to fine tune it.
>
> I have been having a problem with Opera and 7.2. The browser fires up
> OK....but after a few minutes use...the application freezes completely
> and has to be killed to close down. I have tried the rpm and tar ball
> downloads in both static and dynamic flavours...to no avail.
> Everything worked fine under 7.1.
>
> Has anyone had similar problems? Any remedy?
>
> Regards
> Brian

Not really. I've been running Opera for a long time, on other Linux distros
as well as 7.2 from day one. I haven't had it lock up under Linux (have
under Windows) but recently it started giving me problems under 7.2. Mostly
it would show blank pages and tell me it was done loading, and it would close
by itself (probably a javascript problem) quite often. I was about ready to
give up on it.

However, I blew away my ~/.opera directory and started over and it is
running fine so far. Doubt that would help you but it is worth a try.

+ Bruce S. Marshall bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx Bellaire, MI 08/01/01 14:58 +
"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain;
and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." - Albert
Einstein