Re: [SLE] LILO + SuSE 7.2 on SCSI-Drive
Le Mercredi 1 Août 2001 15:44, Alexandr Malusek a écrit :
> Vincent Allard <v.allard@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> > Situation: when i start my PC, LILO presents to me the choice of kernel
> > to start ==> OK
> > BUT when i restart my PC without doing a physicaly shutdown, LILO starts
> > without proposed me choices. I suspect that it's not normal.
>
> I think it's a feature. If you restart from KDM, then lilo uses its -R
> option to select the next OS to boot. It modifies the lilo behavior,
> see man lilo.
>
> --
> A.M.

I've found the reason. In KDE, when i logout, i've the possibility to choose
between:
ShutDown
Restart
Swith to Console ( something like that )

Next Restart, i've a button ( or in fact a little part of the button, the
rest is cut by the window :-((( ) and THERE i can select wich option of LILO
i want choose.

So, sorry to all for this stupid question, ... now that i've found the
(stupid) reason.

Vincent Allard