Quick way to forward all the messages in a spool to a remote address
  • From: wilson@xxxxxxxxxxx (Jonathan Wilson)
  • Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 12:10:52 -0500
Hello,

I'm having a situation where I need to forward the last mails in someone's spool dir to anthoer address. Please note that I'm using Postfix for my MTA. I tried the following:

cat /var/spool/virtual/domain.tld/jw | sendmail jw@xxxxxxxxxxx

But that sends the whole file as one enormous message. I need it to read the spool and break it up into messages.

Any ideas? I have several spools to do this to, so I cannot do it by hand.

TIA!

Jonathan Wilson
System Administrator

Central Texas IT http://www.centraltexasit.com