Re: [SLE] How do I play dvd's on linux?
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 15:33:09 +0200
Actually, DivX is a (MS?) video format.

Look at xine (xine.sourceforge.net). It works fine for me, although I still
haven't managed to get it to play discs from other regions.

videolan (www.videolan.org) plays discs from other regions, but I have
problems with audio/video sync

livid (www.linuxvideo.org) is also promising, but still has a while to go

ogle (http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/~dvd/) is also nice, and is the only one
I've managed to get to handle DVD menus, but I had severe audio/video syncing
problems

Regards
Anders