Re: [SLE] Scanner advise.(Thanks)
  • From: "Ralph F. De Witt" <ralphfdewitt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 18:41:21 -0700

On Monday 30 July 2001 20:28, you wrote:
(snip)
> If you are in the market for a new USB scanner to use under Linux then
> I strongly recommend that you select an Epson scanner. All the Epson
> scanners conform to the Epson scanner language and the SANE backend is
> actively maintained. As a result all the Epson scanners work under
> Linux and SANE. While they might not be the cheapest option they are by
> far the safest option.
>
> I took this advice, and I am now happily scanning away with my Epson
> 1200U.

> Powered by SuSE Linux 7.2 Professional
> KDE 2.1.2 KMail 1.2
>
> Bryan S. Tyson
> bryantyson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To ALL who gave advice:
Thank you all and one. I took the majority advice and acquired a bright and
shiney new Epson 640u scanner. Install was fairly simply I followed the
directions in the SuSe configuration manual and I now have a scanner that
works correctly in root, but the scanner is not detected in user. Can anyone
help quide me as to what to change to get it working in user.

Thanks a million.

Ralph
- --
It said uses Windows 98 or better so I installed SuSE 7.2
Proud user of SuSE 7.2 Professional
Register Linux User 168814 ICQ #49993234
GPG Public Key available at http://www.keyserver.net
Key fingerprint = 6426 1CFF 0987 9D51 76D6  06BC F22A CFF4 559A 03E7