[SLE] Anti-aliased text
  • From: Jesse Marlin <jesse.marlin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 14:10:24 -0400
Corvin Russell writes:

> Thanks for all the tips that helped me squish that KDE problem.
>
> OK, now that my card's driver supports the render extension, I have
> KDE 2.1.1 with anti-aliasing up and running. It looks great, except
> for all the applications that don't use it (Opera, Netscape e.g.),
> which still look like crap. I see that GTK has been patched to enable
> anti-aliasing. Are there any apps besides KDE native apps that
> support anti-aliased text yet? Has anyone tried running dynamically
> linked Opera w/ Qt 2.3.0?

To use with opera, compile a version qt which supports the anti-aliasing
and download the dynamic linked version of opera. There is an environment
variable you have to set too, but I can't recall what it is.

I currently am running qt-2.3.0 and the latest opera. There a few
warnings, probably serious, but it runs fine.