root HELP
  • From: "A_Johnson-SuseML-e" <lj_suse_ml@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 11:31:14 -0600
Hello,

It's the new guy again, first I have to admit I can use Linux like a man who
can drive a car but gets into a tank...so it's all in theory, I jus don't
know where all the switches and pedals are yet...no what that is out of the
way and I have notified everyone that I don't know jack I might get a reply
that I can comprehend :)

Okay I've (well I think I have) secured my Linux box...with SuSE harden, a
few FAQs on disabling services, changing permissions and general
stuff....now I want to create a user that has ROOT ablites with out the ROOT
name. Sounds Easy, I thought it was but NOPE, none of them work entirely
right, kind of like a co-worker of mine ;p Anyway that's my issue.

Thanks from A NEWBIE,

Aaron, L. Johnson