Re: [SLE] NVIDIA drivers (again!) and unresolved symbols
  • From: Paul Abrahams <abrahams@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 09:56:16 -0400
Ben Rosenberg wrote:

> ->>
> ->> So undoing it is fairly easy -- just see what was done and revert it.
> ->
> ->I forgot. Please read: http://learn.to/edit_messages.
>
> Mads,
>
> I don't think anyone has USED the script I posted that we altered. Which
> is why I was advocating the use of it. You've seen my box..no problems
> eh? I don't get where all these issues are coming from.

I actually did use it. But I would guess that the 3D behavior is entirely
unrelated to the virtual terminal / kdm problem that Mark Hounschell and I
have experienced almost identically.

By the way (note to Mads), the problem in understanding the script isn't
what the commands do. It's what all those library files are about, and what
the relationship is between Mesasoft and GLX. There seem to be some
conflicts, but I don't understand them nor do I understand the best way to
resolve them.

Paul