Re: [SLE] New domain just registered for.....plz read
  • From: Rick Barnes <rag3fan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 16:14:53 -0400
At 02:50 AM 5/30/01, Alan Lenton wrote:
Nice idea. One useful thing would be a 'testing' service. A lot of people
don't use linux on the desktop, and so have no means of checking
themselves. (My own company falls into this category, we use linux servers,
but not the desktop yet)

I'm sure there are people around who would like to ask for their site to be
checked by someone with linux browsers so they could make any changes
necessary.

This already exists.

http://www.w3.org/Amaya/

From the Amaya web page:
Amaya is a browser/authoring tool that allows you to publish documents
on the Web. It is used to demonstrate and test many of the new developments
in Web protocols and data formats. Given the very fast moving nature of Web
technology, Amaya has a central role to play. It is versatile and extensible
and is available on both Unix and Windows '95/NT platforms.

Amaya has a counterpart called Jigsaw which plays a similar role on the server
side.

Rick Barnes
rag3fan@xxxxxxxxx