Re: [SLE] Mail in Netscape
  • From: Juergen Braukmann <juergen.braukmann@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 20:33:29 +0200
"David C. Johanson" wrote:

Hi Dave,

> O.K., this may seem odd, but I'm trying to set up my mail in Linux to
> use the mailbox on my windows side until I can permanently remove
> windows. The idea here is to keep the mail in just one location.
>
> Under windows the location of the mailbox is: C:\Netscape\DCJOHAN\Mail
>
> Under Linux I've written it as: /windows/c/netscape/dcjohan/mail
> because this is how the browse window displays it, i.e., lc

It could be a case of upper/lower case, but as or more likely, it can be
a case of mounting the FAT drive. It is possible that it is mounted root
rw only.
can you cd to there from the shell? can you create a new file with
"touch"?

I think I did this ages ago with netscape 3.X and it worked (apart from
some meta data stuff; I had to click the folder first to see the number
of messages)

> Netscape under Linux tell me that there is no such mailbox. Is this a
> instance of case sensitivity, or is there another issue at play here?
>
> dave

Juergen

--
Juergen Braukmann juergen.braukmann@xxxxxx| -o)/ / (_)__ __ ____ __