Re: [SLE] Re: Read this, then go puke.
Well, the opinion of this niave end-user is that it doesn't take a rocket
scientist to figure out the M$' new "initiative" and all the money they put
into it will not guarantee that they will see the return on their investment
that they think they will. I have read countless articles about the
displeasure and skepticism related to the license agreement, the
.Net/HailStorm, and their ASP/Software as leaseware plan. I hope your right.
Never underestimate the ability or the end-user to fall back onto whats
comfortable.
Like Robin Williams said: "You can fool some of the people all of the time
and jerk the rest off." I agree, I worry way to much. Maybe it's because I
see that Open-Source will afford me the best possible code because thousands
of developers can see, work on it, and improve it and I don't want to see it
get squashed by some Megalomaniacal corporation. I just not comfortable
sitting by idle and waiting to see what going to happen. Maybe this forum is
not a place where what I'm saying is considered big news. But I feel that I
need to help with the grass roots thing the only way I know. If there's a
better or more effective way to do so, please don't hesitate to tell me.
I also find some comfort from people that are professionals that think the
power of Redmond is diminishing. I'm just not in a position to know whats
going on - except from what I read and hear, and then I have to try to figure
out if it's factual or not.

:) Curtis