Strange Screen Blanking cause, screensaver setting - bios clock is minus-10min. daily !
Hi
I use kppp to log on to the net, and have a line that runs to set the correct time ntpdate sundial.columbia.edu.
I have noticed that for the past few weeks, my bios clock is off by about minus 10 minutes every day.
When dialing in to the net, I was getting Strange behavior with my console screen, it would blank until I move ,
or click the mouse. I wondered what was causing this, until I realized that, If I hang up, and dial in again, there
was no screen blanking. That's when it dawned on me that it was due to the screensaver-blanking kicking in,and
because ntpdate sets the clock ahead approximatly 10 minutes - screensaver is set for 5 minutes, so the screen
goes into blanking when ntpdate is run by kppp, just after dialing up the first time . Of course the time stays fine until
either, I shutdown, and reboot, or shutdown until the next day.

Question; Is there a 'bios clock command' that I can give on the command-line, to sync the bios clock to stay
set even after I shutdown the computer ?

Thanks for Any help on this.
John WM