Re: [SLE] OT: Opera
  • From: Jeffrey Taylor <jeff.taylor@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 11:33:25 -0500
My experience with Opera has been less than thrilling. It loads
slower than Netscape. They claim it is faster than NS, but on a Webcam
site that was refreshing nearly every second, it could not keep up.
About 2/3 of the picture would render before it started again. Before
long it would crash on this site.

Yesterday I tried to use it to print a Consumers Report report on a
car I am looking to buy and it spit out Postscript that Ghostview and
Ghostscript gagged on.

There doesn't seem to be anyway to tell it to accept a certificate
that doesn't link back to one to the built-in ones permanently, just
for a sesssion.

Jeffrey

--
I don't do Windows and I don't come to work before nine.
-- Johnny Paycheck