gcc won't compile hello world
  • From: Jim Sabatke <jsabatke@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 17:37:24 -0500
There is an apparent problem with gcc 2.95.2 ,according to the gnu.gpp.help list, that I am experiencing.

The following code will not compile:

#include <iostream>

int main() {

cout << "Hello world\n";

}

It doesn't get much simpler than that. I've been told that this problem has been fixed in gcc 2.95.3. Will there be an rpm for it?

TIA,
--
Jim Sabatke
SuSE 7.1 Linux

It's all a matter of brain cells. You see every drink of liquor you take kills a thousand brain cells. But that doesn't much matter cause we got billions more. Now, first the sadness cells die, so you smile real big; And then the quiet cells go so you just say everything real loud for no reason at all. But that's OK because then the stupid cells go next, so everything you say is real smart. And finally come the memory cells; they's tough sons-o-bitches to kill - The Legend of Bagger Vance