Re: [SLE] NVidia X Video Mode problem - "EDID" problem...
Add this to the Secton "Device" in the XF86Config

Option "ignoreEDID" "1"

This is because when the monitor is probed for it's capablilities the video
care drivers/kernel doesn't recognize it. I had the same problem and this
solved it immediately. When you add the line and save the config file, just
login in again via the gui. I my case the second I logged out of the gui and
the graphical login mgr came up is was in 1024x768 mode. Give it a try and
if you need furtther help give a hollar :)

HTH Curtis Rey