Re: [SLE] Samba with Windows 2000 Professional
  • From: "Joaquim Homrighausen" <joho@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 11:24:43 +0200
* On Mon, 28 May 2001 04:17:50 -0500, Harold ! wrote:

>Make sure you have a local and a smbuser named administrator on
>your SuSE box.

>Add a local user administrator (easily done in yast)
>add a SMB user administrator (smbpasswd -a administrator)

Running Samba 2.2.0 in a W2K environment. Samba is set to validate
passwords from our PDC (a W2K machine), etc. Normal shares work as
expected, but a few things are a bit weird, perhaps they are not
implemented in Samba 2.2.x?

o) Owner information (user and/or group) does not seem to map
to the W2K-domain. Does this mean that if I have a group named
"STAFF" in the W2K-domain and a user named "joe" in that group,
I need the identical group/user on the Samba machine for the
Windows explorer to show the appropriate owner?

o) If the above is the case, is there a reasonably simple way
to synchronize users and groups FROM the W2K machine to the
Samba machine so that the users only have to be maintained on
one machine?

:: Who dares wins ::