Re: [SLE] gtk and qt

> They are both "widget" libraries. The difference (at least to me) is that
> gtk attempts to "mimic" being object oriented (it's c based) while qt *is*
> object oriented (it's C++ based, which is a true OOP language). To any
> "sane" programmer, qt is much nicer. I know this is a generalization, but
> that's what it comes down to for me.

QT apps are also much more portable than GTK ones are thus far. With the
required commercial license (for other OSes), QT apps can be compiled on
*NIX, Windows, BeOS, MacOS, MacOS X, and Linux+QT/Embedded (which runs on
PDA's).

-Tim

Timothy R. Butler Universal Networks
Information Tech. Consultant Christian Web Services Since 1996
ICQ #12495932 AIM: Uninettm An Authorized IPSwitch Reseller
tbutler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.uninetsolutions.com
============== "Information Powered by Innovation" ==============