Knetfilter, was Re: [SLE] configuren firewall
  • From: "Marcel Broekman" <marcel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 21:36:05 +0200
Hi all,

Anybody try Knetfilter? from the description on
home page ( http://expansa.sns.it/knetfilter ):

Knetfilter is a KDE2 application designed to
manage the netfilter functionalities that will
come with the new kernel 2.4.x.
In Princip, all standard firewall system
administration activities can be done just using
knetfilter.
But there is not just a GUI to iptables command
line, it is possible also some monitoring through
tcpdump and nmap (nmap is slow) interface.

I haven't had the time to try this app and was
just curious if one of you did.

mazzel, Marcel

On Saturday 26 May 2001 17:52, Faessen-Goden
Jean-Paul en Rowena wrote:
> [...]
firewall, but, which is
> > the standard way to configure it on SuSE (I'm
an experienced linux
> > user, but not on SuSE, I'm new to SuSE).
> > By the way, do you know how to get pppoed
working on kernel 2.4.4 ?
> > thank you.
>
> Not sure, although I started writing ipchains
awhile ago (now
> iptables)...Then this was discovered.
> /etc/rc.config.d/firewall.rc.config
>
> You can enter your ports and stuff into this
file, then edit