Re: [SLE] MICROSOFT RELEASES IPv6 WWW SERVER UNDER GNU LICENSE
What bothers me the greatest is not that M$ research lab was testing ipv6.
It's that After bad mouthing O-source and the GPL so much of late and then we
find that M$ is using what they claimed to be a hindrance to innovation and
progress. I mean what hypocracy (hope that's spelled right). Once again we
see M$ taking a standard or developing standard and making it a proprietary
feature - ipv6 to MSIVP6.

Cheers. Curtis

On Saturday 26 May 2001 02:09 am, Matthew wrote:
> Curtis Rey wrote:
> > Here's the google cached link to the "fnord" page:
> >
> > http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:KqHKPAa3P8E:research.microsoft.com/m
> >sripv6/fnord.htm+&hl=en
> >
> > On Friday 25 May 2001 09:55 pm, Curtis Rey wrote:
> >>It looks like a few Microsoft engineers have been busy testing the
> >>IPv6 stack using GPL'd software and unofficially releasing it on MS
> >>research FTP servers. However, Microsoft seems to have caught on
> >>and the link appears to have been removed.
> >>
> >>http://linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2001-05-25-005-20-OS-MS
> >>
> >>Shouldn't someone scream about this??
> >>
> >>Cheers, Curtis
>
> Hmmm...
>
> If MS are sllowed to get law enforcement to check for valid licenses on
> people's premises, why can't the FSF/Stallmen do the same to MS? Why
> can't Microsoft themselves be vetted?
>
> Matt

< Previous Next >