Re: [SLE] Samba with Windows 2000 Professional
  • From: Juergen Braukmann <juergen.braukmann@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 09:31:45 +0200
Artur Undebarrena wrote:

> Hello all.
>
> I only want to configure my Suse linux 7.0 machine and Windows 2000
> Professional to access from Win2000 to Linux. Not the printers. The
> printers are not important for me.From Win2000 I want to see the
> contents of the directory tree in linux machine. From windows 2000 I
> only see the Icon but when I double-click the icon a dialog box appears
> to tell me that I haven't permission to access to this machine. I login
> into linux as root and into Windows 2000 as Administrator.
> I don't know what happen because I think I setup all resourcess as
> public, browseable and writable. More public impossible, I think. The
> way to connect is as workgroup, not as domain.
>
> Thank you very much.

Apart from the already discussed password issue, make sure you use the
same username on both Win2k and linux. (i.e. if you log in as
administrator on Win2k there *must* be an account "administrator" on
linux. This can be a normal user account)

Juergen

--
Juergen Braukmann juergen.braukmann@xxxxxx| -o)/ / (_)__ __ ____ __