RE: [SLE] lilo password
On 25 May 2001, at 18:45, Felipe Blanco wrote:

> True.
> The program is called explore2fs
> http://uranus.it.swin.edu.au/~jn/linux/explore2fs.htm )
> If the name indicate , doesnt support reiser.
> If it makes the box less secure .. i think the same,but ..do you ever put a
> partition with windows in a production machine ?? :)

Thanks I found it on a backup just after I sent the message :-)
I know it's only ext2 but it will only be a matter of time before there
will be drivers/installable file systems for Reiser, XFS,JFS etc.
Which brings me back to my search for a filesystem - I found
something called the Transparent Cryptographic File System (it's
probably on sourecforge) but on a very quick scan it seems
designed to work on NFS volumes for lan security, I'm more
interested in local crypto - laptops for example. I need to do more
research.
I wouldn't consider winxx a production system, but it's not always
up to me :-)
I want to keep ME/2K on a laptop with linux, and I would really like
to make linux as secure as possible hence my sudden curiousity
for crypto/journal FS. On the other hand I don't mind reading ntfs
from linux as I don't have any expectations of ntfs being secure in
the first place :-D

regards,
Bill