Samba with Windows 2000 Professional
  • From: Artur Undebarrena <undeba@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 19:41:18 +0200
Hello all.

I only want to configure my Suse linux 7.0 machine and Windows 2000
Professional to access from Win2000 to Linux. Not the printers. The
printers are not important for me.From Win2000 I want to see the
contents of the directory tree in linux machine. From windows 2000 I
only see the Icon but when I double-click the icon a dialog box appears
to tell me that I haven't permission to access to this machine. I login
into linux as root and into Windows 2000 as Administrator.
I don't know what happen because I think I setup all resourcess as
public, browseable and writable. More public impossible, I think. The
way to connect is as workgroup, not as domain.

Thank you very much.

< Previous Next >