Re: [SLE] How many people here play Linux games? And which ones?
I agree. I played alot of games under windblows and especially UT. Certain
aspect of the visuals in windblows appeared to be smooth, but in Linux the
graphics are cleaners and blend better. There are more "tweak" programs for
the nvidia card under windblows that has helped me compensate. But, natively
I get better performance and quality under Linux as well. I only wish I
could tweak my network settings more. I have only been able to change the
MTU for ifconfig and that's set at 1500. Do you know of any tweaks or
info/HOWTO's for optimizing network params?

TIA. Curtis Rey (aka Crusher-1 :)

On Friday 25 May 2001 09:14 am, Steven Hatfield wrote:
> On Friday 25 May 2001 09:47 am, Matthew wrote:
> > Hey,
> >
> > Just wondering how many on this list actualy play games on their
> > Linux boxes? If, so which ones?
> >
> > I have:
> >
> > Jagged Alliance 2
> > SMAC
> > Soldier of Fortune
> > Descent 3
> > Heavy Gear 2
> >
> > Intend to get:
> >
> > NeverWinter nights
> > Anarchy-online, if they release a Linux version
> > ShadowBane for the same reasons above.
> > Kohan
> > Rune
> >
> > And whatever lse may come along that is interesting.
> >
> > Matt
>
> I play Tribes2, Q3A and UT all the time... I was a Tribes2 beta tester on
> Linux, and found out something interesting during that time.
>
> It appears that Tribes2 runs better on Linux than it does on Windows, due
> to superior texture handling efficiencies in Linux that aren't as effecient
> in Windows.
>
> AFAICT, all 3 of these games run better under Linux than they do in
> Windows, and I've played both Q3A and UT in Windows a LOT. I have no reason
> to buy Tribes2 for Windows, as it runs very very very well under Linux.
>
> Take care,
> Steven

< Previous Next >