Re: [SLE] Sendmail
  • From: Joost van der Lugt <jvdl@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 21:47:06 -0700
* Jason Corcoran <jason@xxxxxxxxxxx> [May 24. 2001 21:04]:
> List,
>
> I'm using SuSE 6.4 on my laptop. Only tried to config sendmail today, every
> thing seems ok. Got a sendmail install script from linux.ie, but when I try
> to do a sendmail -q -v I get following
>
> Running /var/spool/mqeue/f40F9ml00588 (sequence 1 of 2)
> nnesbitt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Connecting to mail2.eircom.net. via smtp...

Hard to say what kind of error that is, this is very little information.
If you can be more specific about your setup, also SuSE has it's own
configuration utility in /etc/rc.config.d/.
You will have to disable it if you don't want to use it, or have a look
at it if you didn't yet...

Better maybe try: telnet mail2.eircom.net 25

See if that works ...