Re: [SLE] Microsoft, McAfee Forge .Net Alliance
Did you guys see the other articles link from the page?
I.E. "Users hold back on plans for .Net" and "Microsoft postpones Office XP
subscription plan in U.S."
I just wrote a (hopefully) tactful and logically base letter to the author
about why someone would really want to "read between the lines" concerning
the .Net/HailStorm initiatives. Focusing in security and cost on both the
corporate and end-users side. Pointing out that M$ has more to gain than any
prospective subscriber of ITdepartment would.

On Thursday 24 May 2001 11:05 am, Ben Rosenberg wrote:
> *laugh* Yeah..and McAfee is also trying to push OSX users into getting
> their virus scanner...Mac's had very few virus problems before their OS
> became Unix based. I would think the problems would have decreased with
> this transition...but the again I guess we must detect virus's sent to
> us and protect Windows by not spreading the disease eh?
>
> * Fred A. Miller (fm@xxxxxxxxxxx) [010524 08:32]:
> ->Microsoft, McAfee Forge .Net Alliance
> ->
> ->The two companies plan to cooperate on implementing Microsoft's .Net
> ->technologies and servers within McAfee's online services, as well as
> ->joint marketing and promotional efforts.
> -> the
> ->http://computerworld.com/nlt/1%2C3590%2CNAV65-663_STO60777_NLTsec%2C00.ht
>ml ->

< Previous Next >